state Virginia: Last News

Daughter of Jays coach died in tubing accident

TORONTO – Julia Budzinski, the 17-year-old daughter of first-base coach Mark (Bud) Budzinski, died in a tubing accident in Virginia on the weekend.Virginia Department of Wildlife Resources spokesperson Paige Pearson said in a statement that two girls fell off a tube being pulled behind a boat on the James River on Saturday.As the boat operator returned to get them out of the water, the boat hit a wave causing it to be pushed on top of a 17-year-old victim, striking her with the propeller.“It was a very happy, fun last day on earth for her,” Budzinski’s mother Monica, who says she was with her daughter at the boat, said at a vigil at Julia’s Virginia high school Sunday night. “Sadly obviously … but it was happy, laughing, having a good time, and that’s the way I’m going to remember her, that’s the way everybody needs to remember her.

She loved life, she loved being outside, sports, everything.“She’ll live on through all you guys.”Pearson said foul play is not suspected. Life-jackets were worn and alcohol was not a factor.Mark Budzinski left the Blue Jays in the third inning of the second game of the team’s doubleheader against the Rays on Saturday after learning of his daughter’s death.The Blue Jays issued a statement, saying that Budzinski would take some time away from the team to grieve with his family.There was a moment of silence for Julia before Sunday’s series finale.“My heart breaks for Bud,” Toronto manager Charlie Montoyo said after Sunday’s game.

“There’s good men and great men. He’s a great man.

He’s a special kind of person. His family is great.

The only thing I can share about what happened is that he left a note for the team. He did this while going through a tragedy, and that tells you everything about

. Department Waves Waters

Related News

Larry Krasner - South Street Shooting: Murder charges to be filed against 2 suspects, DA says - - state Virginia - county Marshall
South Street Shooting: Murder charges to be filed against 2 suspects, DA says
PHILADELPHIA - Two individuals taken into custody in connection with Saturday's deadly mass shooting on South Street will be facing murder charges, Philadelphia District Attorney Larry Krasner announced Thursday. This comes one day after officials released photos of two males who were identified as the third and fourth suspects in the shooting that left three people dead and nearly a dozen wounded on the popular Philadelphia street. Krasner identified the two suspects as Quadir Dukes-Hill, 18 and Nahjee Whittington, 18. Both were taken into custody by U.S. Marshalls in Virginia, according to Krasner. Officials say Dukes-Hill is facing murder charges in connection with the fatal shooting of Alexis Quinn, 27. According to Krasner, Whittington was just four days shy of his 18th birthday when he allegedly fired the shot that fatally struck Kristopher Minners, 22, and injured another man. Joanne Pescatore, the head of the DAO's Homicide Unit, said the department received several tips after posting photos of the suspects with a reward for information. Dukes-Hill and Whittington will be charged in adult court after a hearing in Virginia to extradite them back to Philadelphia. Pescatore says investigators believe the suspects are friends because they were seen wearing hoodies with the same logo and they are believed to have traveled to Virginia together. Two other suspects, Quran Garner and Rashaan Vereen, were taken into custody by authorities on Monday and they face several charges related to the shooting. Police believe the shooting stemmed from a fist fight between three men that escalated into a shootout.