city London: Last News

Meghan Markle's dad Thomas 'rushed to hospital in oxygen mask' sparking fresh health fears

Megan Markle's father Thomas was reportedly rushed to hospital on Monday 23 May after suffering a stroke. According to Mail Online, the 77 year old was pictured arriving at a hospital as he wore an oxygen mask to help him breathe.

It's believed that the stroke caused Thomas to struggled to speak.This isn't the first health scare for Thomas – he suffered a heart attack in 2018 ahead of Meghan's wedding to Prince Harry, sparking him to pull out of his daughter's special day.Thomas' recent hospital dash comes ahead of his plans to come to the UK for the Queen's jubilee next month, where he spoke of wanting to meet Prince Charles. Get exclusive celebrity stories and fabulous photoshoots straight to your inbox with OK!'s daily newsletter.

You can sign up at the top of the page. Chatting to Dan Wootton on GB News, he said: "I really would like to meet with Prince Charles and thank him for walking my daughter down the aisle and just to meet and talk with him." Thomas shared that he thinks he and Charles have "a lot in common now" and added: "We’ve pretty much both been ghosted by our children." He continued: “I’d really enjoy talking to him if that’s possible, that would be great.

"I want them to understand that we have no ill feelings about the royals at all. We have nothing but respect and admiration for them.The same feeling goes for all British people.

“I want to thank the British people because they’ve been reaching out to me now and extending their feelings for me and I really appreciate that.” Dan has since spoken out and said that he's "devastated" that Meghan's estranged father won't be able to make it over to England. "I am devastated to report this news, just seven days before Thomas would have joined me in London to

. hospital Health

Meghan Markle prince Harry Dan Wootton

www.ok.co.ukwww.ok.co.uk

city London: Main News

Megan Markle's father Thomas was reportedly rushed to hospital on Monday 23 May after suffering a stroke. According to Mail Online, the 77 year old was pictured arriving at a hospital as he wore an oxygen mask to help him breathe.
READ MORE: BBC Saturday Kitchen viewers immediately question food choice for vegan guest Video: 35 medical conditions you can no longer get a prescription for (MyLondon)An inside view of Lukas' makeshift homeWilliam and Kate leave Leicester Square following premiere of Top Gun: MaverickStrictly Come Dancing 2022 judges line-up confirmedCity Hall Conservatives ask if Sadiq Khan is the "rudest man in London" in new vidLoose Woman Nadia shows off new hair do, as fellow panellists find a 'new name' for her35 medical conditions you can no longer get a prescription forBarnet murder CCTV footage released by policeLondon’s Elizabeth line to open on May 24Holly Willoughby returns to This Morning after absenceRadio 1's Adele Roberts opens up on bowel cancer chemotherapyHow you soon might be able to scan your face to pay for your shoppingWednesday afternoon weather forecast for May 18: Some 'intense' thunderstorms likely laterBeat The Chasers: Jenny Ryan calls contestant 'greedy'"After an op in Oct to remove the tumour I had chemo to help prevent the cancer returning. During this chemo, another tumour was discovered in my liver.

Related News

Madeleine McCann: Portuguese prosecutors identify suspect in probe of missing girl - fox29.com - Germany - Britain - city London - Portugal
fox29.com
48%
948
Madeleine McCann: Portuguese prosecutors identify suspect in probe of missing girl
Christian Brueckner (Getty Images); Madeleine McCann (Handout) via FOX News Portuguese prosecutors said Thursday a man had been formally identified as a suspect in the disappearance of 3-year-old Madeleine McCann, who vanished from her bed during a family vacation to the country nearly 15 years ago. MADELEINE MCCANN SUSPECT BREAKS SILENCE TO SLAM INVESTIGATIONProsecutors in Faro, Algarve's main city, did not publicly name the man but said they were acting on a request by German authorities and in coordination with British investigators. It was the first time prosecutors had identified a suspect in the case since initially accusing Madeleine's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, who were later cleared.The British family was on vacation in the Algarve region of southern Portugal when Madeleine was stolen from her bed in a ground-floor apartment on May 3, 2007, just feet from her sleeping twin siblings, Sean and Amelie.JOSH DUGGAR'S PARENTS, JIM BOB AND MICHELLE DUGGAR, SPEAK OUT AFTER SON'S ARREST FOR CHILD PORNOGRAPHYHer parents had been dining with friends about 200 feet away in a seaside resort in Praia da Luz but had checked on the children periodically.FILE: Kate and Gerry McCann hold an age-progressed police image of their daughter during a news conference to mark the 5th anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, on May 2, 2012 in London, England. (Photo by Dan Kitwood/Getty Images) The major development in the case came after German police said in June 2020 that convicted child abuser and drug dealer Christian Brueckner had likely killed Madeleine.
Millions of Brit couples getting married in the pub after Covid ruined plans - dailystar.co.uk - city London - county Bell
dailystar.co.uk
49%
458
Millions of Brit couples getting married in the pub after Covid ruined plans
Covid wrecked their grand plans.Large venues have introduced complex contracts to counter Covid threats, and there is a backlog of waiting couples who rebooked during the lockdowns.This has driven up demand for smaller, more informal dos – and the pub trade is benefitting.Tessa Stewart, weddings events manager at The Bell in Ticehurst, East Sussex, said: “We are seeing a lot of demand for more relaxed weddings, but people are certainly not compromising on style.“We have more than 80 weddings booked so far for this year and after lockdowns, people definitely want a focus on family and friends.”And wedding singer Robbie Humphries, of trio The Cash Cows, said: “People have been scaling back on some of the flashier events.“Pub wedding bookings have gone through the roof, and with a diary full of postponed weddings, it’s hard to fit new ones in.” According to hospitality jobs site caterer.com, around 1.8million people are planning a wedding knees-up in the pub. A typical couple will spend £18,000 on their wedding including the venue and food, but this could rise to £28,000 in London.Their research also uncovered 25% of people are set to go to up to three weddings this year.It found a dramatic increase in wedding roles advertised in the first three months of 2022 compared to 2021.Stay up to date with all the latest Daily Star news by signing up to one of our free newsletters here.Although couples are willing to swap their luxurious weddings for one in the boozer, a lot of Brits are still concerned with keeping their wedding classy.One wedding planner has shared her tips on how to avoid tackiness on the big day – no matter if you’re in the pub or a traditional church.
Phil Collins - Phil Collins' major health issues as he quits Genesis gigs - booze to back problems - dailystar.co.uk - city London - city Manchester - city Birmingham
dailystar.co.uk
66%
662
Phil Collins' major health issues as he quits Genesis gigs - booze to back problems
Phil Collins has played his final gig.Performing at the O2 in London, 71-year-old Collins said his goodbye to fans, making jokes about now having to find a proper job.In their first tour since 2007 Collins - joined by Mike Rutherford on the guitar and bass and Tony Banks on the keyboard - enjoyed the band's final outing years on from the glory they enjoyed in the 1980s and 1990s.Touring the likes of Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool and Newcastle, they've had to postpone three London shows because of issues caused by Covid-19.Collins had to perform while sitting down, having appeared a little frail during his time on the tour.He's been battling health conditions for a decade, which has understandably taken its toll, leaving him reliant on a walking stick or wheelchair.Collins has had to battle more than one problem over the last 13 years - in 2009 he suffered damaged vertebrae.He is understood to have picked up the nasty injury while he was playing, leaving nerve damage in his hands.After surgery he lost his ability to grip his drumsticks, meaning the only way he could play was if they were taped to his hands.Writing on the Genesis website at the time of the injury he said: "Somehow, during the last Genesis tour, I dislocated some vertebrae in my upper neck and that affected my hands."After a successful operation on my neck, my hands still can’t function normally.“Maybe in a year or so it will change, but for now it is impossible for me to play drums or piano."After divorcing his third wife and having retired, Collins admitted he had drinking problems in his 2016 autobiography.He said at the time that he had been sober for three years.In 2017 he announced that he was a type 2 diabetic and would be receiving
Gordon Ramsay - Gordon Ramsay risks reigniting bitter Covid lockdown row with Cornish neighbours - dailystar.co.uk - city London
dailystar.co.uk
90%
486
Gordon Ramsay risks reigniting bitter Covid lockdown row with Cornish neighbours
Gordon Ramsay has risked reigniting his bitter row with Cornish neighbours, admitting in a new interview that he regrets not defending himself at the time.In 2020, during the pandemic, the 55-year-old moved to his beachfront home with his wife Tana and their five children, Megan 23, twins Holly and Jack, 22, Tilly, 20 and Oscar, two.The chef left Cornwall locals furious, however, because the decision came during the first COVID lockdown.But the TV personality assured their move was ahead of the lockdown being enforced.In a recent interview with Radio Times, the Hell’s Kitchen star revealed that he was still confused as to why he was criticised so heavily and said: "God knows why we took so much s**t from the Cornish."The celebrity chef explained how he relished parts of lockdown because he was able to cherish time spent with his children.Looking back, Gordon reflected: "A time like that – we'll never get back again. When the kids started disappearing again, I didn't want it to end – as a dad, not a chef."His decision to move to his second home sparked outrage from the locals who accused him of "bringing the virus from London."According to The Sun, villagers wanted him "the hell out of London" and threatened to expose his address if he didn’t leave.Residents made their feelings clear in a Facebook group called You Shouldn’t Be Here.One local said: "Wealthy second homers think making a few quid means they are immune from the virus and any rules.
DMCA